Connecting to the AU VPN
Using Safari for Mac OS X
Safari is the recommended browser on the Mac that is supported by the Juniper VPN.
- Open Safari and go to vpn.american.edu.
- Log in using your myAU.american.edu USER NAME and PASSWORD.
- You will see a screen welcoming you to the AU VPN. Click on the START button to initiate the JUNOS PULSE, where you will be assigned an AU IP address.
- If this is the first time you log in, you will need to download and install the JUNOS PULSE software. You may see a dialog box asking you to confirm the installation. Once you confirm, the software will install (you may need to enter your OS-X user password):
- Once you have logged in successfully, a JUNOS PULSE window will appear with information about your connection to the AU VPN. A JUNOS PULSE icon will also appear in the dock. You can begin to work, as if you were on campus.
- When you are finished, you can click the DISCONNECT button in the JUNOS PULSE window.
- Once you have JUNOS PULSE installed, you can connect to the VPN easier by launching the JUNOS PULSE application from your Mac Applications folder. Click CONNECT, and you will be prompted for your myAU.american.edu USER NAME and PASSWORD. You should then be connected to the VPN.
If you wish to connect to your network drives while using the VPN, you should follow the instructions on connecting to your network drives using CIFS for Mac.