What’s New in iNotes 8.5 WebMail?
Last week (September 28), OIT upgraded the Lotus Domino mail servers, which changes how iNotes WebMail works. You will notice that documents load faster and there is a new look and feel for WebMail, the browser interface to e-mail for faculty and staff. Highlights include:
- Tabs to navigate between documents and applications (such as your in box and calendar) replace the need to open a new window for each document.
- An easier to use interface offers more intuitive ways to accomplish tasks.
- Context sensitive menus appear when you right click messages or folders (CTRL click on the Macintosh).
- A sidebar frame allows you to keep your Calendar and iNotes Help handy at all times. (After additional upgrades, you’ll be able to add the SameTime instant messenger to the sidebar.)
- There is better browser support.
- No more pop-up windows will appear.
The new iNotes operates in three modes and customers can switch between those modes using the button at the top right, near Help, Logout, and Preferences.
- Lite mode is very fast and runs on most browsers. However, some Lotus Notes features are not available in the Lite version, including: To Do, set up Mail Rules, and Send and File. Up and down keys do not work to scroll through messages; use the scroll bar or switch to the Full mode.
- Full mode offers all the features of Lotus Notes on your desktop, but is certified to work only in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.
- Ultralite mode offers very basic mail and calendar features and is appropriate for handheld devices like the iPhone and Palm Pre. The Ultralite mode works in almost every browser, and is the only mode in which the Opera browser works.
Please contact the IT Help Desk at 202-885-2550, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or on instant messenger at AskAmericanUHelp for further information and assistance.