Implementing a New Datatel User Interface
The Office of Information Technology is releasing Datatel User Interface (UI) 4.3 applications in phases until the end of the calendar year. The upgrade is being conducted to maintain currency with the current release of the product and vendor supported software. All previous versions of UI are no longer supported by the vendor.
The upgrade requires migrating all AU custom software, as well as customizations to Datatel-delivered software, to be compatible with UI 4.3 that introduces the following benefits and fixes:
- Performance – Significant performance improvements as 60% fewer packets are sent between the PC and the UI server as compared to UI 4.0/4.1.
- Form Sizing - Better focus management between forms and the rest of the UI.
- Form Focus Issues - Window and form area resizing and zooming support.
- Form Printing - The ability to directly print Colleague forms.
- Exporting Support - Spreadsheet exporting support for window data.
- Picture Support - See staff and student pictures from within Colleague's new person context card.
- Easier Navigation - Work with several people across forms easily.
- Favorites - Save forms, as well as people, as "favorites."
- Forget all those mnemonics – Search on a keyword or description of what the form does.
- Improved Search Capability – Search on multiple forms, across Colleague applications.
- Mapping - Use Yahoo's mapping tools to see geographic trends.
Classes will soon be offered to orient Datatel users to the new 4.3 interface. If you have any questions about this implementation, please contact the OIT Help Desk at 885-2550, firstname.lastname@example.org, or instant message AskAmericanUHelp with any questions.