AU's Website Goes Mobile
With the rapid growth in utilization of mobile devices by students, faculty, and staff, American University took action to face the challenge of providing remote connectivity between these groups and the critical information found on university systems and in the cloud. In April, the Office of Information Technology, in partnership with University Communications & Marketing, unveiled AU's mobile presence.
Without the benefit of any "do-it-all" mobile applications, OIT & UCM set as a key goal the development of AU's mobile strategy, along with the rollout of an applicable suite of services and applications. Both these goals were completed—with AU's mobile launch including 14 apps, not 5, as originally planned!
The five basic principles of the mobile strategy were to:
- Focus on students first
- Implement a solution using device agnostic architectures
- Leverage AU's robust, existing technology investments
- Invest in continuous innovation to promote AU's mobile platform
- Build a secure, scalable infrastructure with an eye to the future
Try out the site to access critical information or campus services:
- find courses in AU's schedule of classes
- look-up AU faculty and staff in the people directory
- access AU news
- track the AU shuttle bus locations
- perform a library search
- discover what's on the menu at campus dining locations
- look up IT system outage information
- access the campus map
- check the latest game times and scores for AU sports teams
- connect with your school
- read Today@AU announcements
- access AU social media pages
Stayed tuned for new features!