This Web-accessible source for university statistics and reports is available to authorized users inside the AU community. The information presented in EagleData is extracted nightly from the university's operational data in the Colleague and Benefactor systems. Data is then placed in an Oracle-based data warehouse for storage and reporting.
EagleData was created to provide fast and easy access to information in a self-service manner, so users can get reports when they need them. To standardize statistical reporting across campus, EagleData incorporates counting rules established by the office of Institutional Research and Assessment. Please note: This system uses your synchronized my.american.edu user name and password.
EagleData users include:
- Academic and Admissions staff and staff, who are given access to enrollment and admissions data, such as tuition and revenue reports, enrollments by terms, graduation statistics, grade distributions, student evaluation-of-teaching results, and admissions statistics.
- Budget and Human Resources administrators, who use the data warehouse to obtain reports about employees and associated budgets for their units. The reports include labor distributions, people sheets, leave tallies, and historical trend reviews. Specialized views assist in monitoring and auditing payroll. An application to model and implement performance-based salary increases for staff is available.
- Controller's Office staff, who can access the university's legacy (pre-Colleague) financial data for the years 1990 through 1998. The Purchasing office can view statistics on such items as vouchers and purchase orders from 1999 to the present.
- Office of Campus Life staff, who can access new student orientation information. Housing and Dining staff can access reports on meal plan usage and residence hall occupancy, vacancy, and overflow, along with associated detailed lists of occupants.
- Office of Development staff, who use the warehouse to view Benefactor data, such as cash and campaign reports, alumni by class and school, alumni by employer, and contacts between AU staff and potential donors.
- Office of Finance and Treasurer staff, who can query legacy accounts receivable data. The Student Accounts office has various views to assist in account auditing and management. The Human Resources department has a wide range of reports for its HR, faculty, benefits, and payroll teams. OIT staff can view multiyear statistics about various categories of requests handled by the OIT Help Desk.
All EagleData users have access to AU organizational charts.
For assistance in using EagleData, contact the IT Help Desk at 202-885-2550, email@example.com, or AskAmericanUHelp. To request custom reports, contact the warehouse staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.