Using LANDesk Desktop Manager
LANDesk Desktop Manager can be accessed through your computer, and contains the Software Deployment Portal and LaunchPad. The Software Deployment Portal is a feature of LANDesk that deploys software to targeted groups of users. The LaunchPad serves as a standard location for files or applications that should be standardized on all AU workstations. Both features allow OIT to place software patches and software applications in one central location, so users can update and install software from their desktops. Users can access this feature from their Start menu, as illustrated below.
Our Comprehensive Patch Tool is available through the LaunchPad to all users. This tool allows users to update and secure all of the point products that LANDesk detects on their computer with the click of a button.
Accessing LANDesk Desktop Manager
- Click on the START button.
- Select ALL PROGRAMS from the START MENU, then LANDESK MANAGEMENT, and then DESKTOP MANAGER.
- You will now see the below screen:
- You will see a list of software applications in the main window of the Software Deployment Portal if any are available to you. To check if there is any more software available, click on the REFRESH button.
- Click on the DEPLOY button beside any of the available applications you wish to install.
- Click on the LAUNCHPAD button at the top left of the window to access the LaunchPad. Here you will see a list of standardized patches and applications that are available to all AU workstations, such as the OIT Comprehensive Patch Tool, as shown below: