Installing EndNote for Windows
Uninstalling Previous Versions of EndNote
Windows Vista and Windows 7 Instructions
- Click START, CONTROL PANEL, PROGRAMS and then click UNINSTALL A PROGRAM.
- Scroll down and click on ENDNOTE.
- Click UNINSTALL. You may need to click YES and ALLOW, if asked to confirm.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then, close the Uninstall or Change a Program window.
Installing EndNote X7 on Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Log into the myau.american.edu Web portal.
- In the menu on the right side of the page, click the TECHNOLOGY link and select DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE.
- Click on the ENDNOTE X7 (WINDOWS VERSION) link.
- Save the ENDNOTEX7.EXE file to your computer's hard drive. By default, your browser will usually be configured to store downloaded files either on your desktop or in a folder called Downloads.
- Double-click the ENDNOTEX7.EXE file to begin the installation. Click RUN if prompted.
- Click NEXT to continue. If prompted, click ALLOW.
- Click the I AGREE button to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- The installation will begin and may take several minutes.
- Click FINISH.
- Delete the installation file by selecting it and pressing the DELETE key.
Checking for updates after installing EndNote
- While connected to the Internet, launch the program by clicking START, PROGRAMS, ENDNOTE, and ENDNOTE PROGRAM. Click CANCEL on the EndNote Web window.
- Click CLOSE and NO in the Getting Started with EndNote window.
- Click HELP and ENDNOTE PROGRAM UPDATES. If prompted, click ALLOW.
- Click NEXT. Click OK if the program is up to date, or NEXT to download updates if they are available. Click FINISH.
- If there were updates to install, the Update Wizard appears. Close the main EndNote window if still open.
- Click NEXT three times to install the updates.