January 30, 2014
|FROM:||Neil Kerwin, President|
|SUBJECT:||Launch of Nomination Process—2014 University Awards
|for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni
I am pleased to announce the launch of the annual University Awards process.
You are encouraged to nominate deserving graduating students, faculty, staff, and alumni whose exceptional dedication, hard work, or outstanding service represent the best of AU and enable us to fulfill our mission.
This year’s awards process includes:
- Adjustments to Staff Awards criteria—aligning awards with the new Staff Competency Guide
- Creation of a University Student Awards video—featuring several award recipients
- $250 to $1,000 for student awards
- $750 for staff awards (not to exceed $5,000 for a group award)
- $2,000 to $5,000 for faculty awards
Detailed information about the awards, selection criteria, deadlines, and past recipients is on the University Awards website.
AU's strategic plan, Leadership for a Changing World, outlines goals and objectives for the next decade at American University. Visit american.edu/strategicplan for more information. (myAU.american.edu login required for some documents)