January 18, 2006
|FROM:||Cornelius Kerwin, Interim President
|SUBJECT:||Events Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
A number of campus-wide events are planned to celebrate the work and memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This year's theme is "In the Spirit of Unity & Service: Remember! Celebrate! Act!"
The events planned pay tribute to Dr. King's historic achievements and affirm our commitment to promoting social justice, community service, and non-violence. Events include:
- Film: Race is the Place – Thursday, January 19
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – Saturday, January 21
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Commemorative Program – Sunday, January 22
- Department of Literature Colloquium on Richard Wright – Wednesday, February 1
- Black Boy , performance of Charles Holt’s one-man play – Wednesday, February 1
The Washington College of Law's birthday celebration, honoring Dr. King, was held January 17.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs website (www.american.edu/ocl/ma) contains additional details on these programs. I encourage you to show your support by participating in these annual campus events.
Updated: January 18, 2006 11:03 AM