January 29, 2007
|FROM:||Neil Kerwin, President
|SUBJECT:||2007 University Awards for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni
I am pleased to announce the launch of the 2007 University Awards process. I encourage you to acknowledge the work of AU faculty, staff, students, and alumni whose contributions to AU have been exceptional by nominating them for a university award.
We periodically review the awards process and make adjustments to reflect the times:
- Cash prizes: Beginning in 2006, a cash prize was added to each award. Award amounts are:
- $250 to $1,000 for student awards;
- $750 for staff awards (not to exceed $5,000 for a group
- $2,000 to $5,000 for faculty awards.
- Expanded eligibility for staff awards: Beginning this year, groups or teams will be considered for all five staff awards. Previously, groups were only eligible for the Service to the AU Community award.
- Increased funding for staff awards: With the inclusion of groups for all staff awards, the cash prize was increased from $2,000 to $5,000; in addition, the cash prize for staff awards increased to $750.
These changes are just some examples of our continued commitment to rewarding and recognizing examples of excellence at AU. Awards will be presented on the following dates:
|Faculty Awards:||April 29, Faculty Recognition Dinner|
|Student Awards:||May 12, Honors Convocation|
|President's Award:|| May 13, Commencement
|Staff Awards:||May 22, Staff Awards Luncheon|
|Alumni Awards:||October 27, Alumni Weekend Reception|
For detailed information on the awards, selection criteria, and deadlines, go to the University Awards Web site, www.american.edu/universityawards.
January 30, 2007 9:48 AM