Additional Positions at AUDirector, Biology Teaching Laboratories
- Dr. Zeller's research centers on developing interactive laboratory experiences which heighten interest and awareness of the scientific process and biological principals. She develops exercises for elementary through undergraduate level students which always consist of scientific accurate information. For example, she has prepared laboratories on the structure and function of DNA for fifth graders through college. Her expertise revolves around Genetics and Molecular Biology, but she has also written two General Biology Laboratory Manuals.
DegreesPhD, Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Surgery University of Maryland, Baltimore
BS, Biology, Pennsylvania State University
- DOWNLOAD CV (PDF)
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- (1990) Director, Biology Teaching Laboratories, Department of Biology American University
- (1988) Adjunct Professor, Department of Biology, Georgetown University
- (1981) Senior Staff Fellow, Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, NINCDS National Institutes of Health
- (1980) Staff Fellow, Laboratory of Tumor Virus Genetics, National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health
- (1978) Post-Doctorate, Departments of Pathology and Biochemistry, University of Florida
- Zeller, N.K., and M.K. Schwartz. General Biology Laboratories: Evolution and the Kingdoms. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co. Dubuque, 1996.
- Zeller, N.K. Experiments for General Biology. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co: Dubuque, 1996.
- Keider, B., N.K. Zeller, R.A. Lazzarini, S. Shuman, F.A. McMorris, and D. Pleasure: Inverse effects of cyclic AMP on synthesis of a myelin glycoprotein and myelin glycoprotein and myelin glycolipid J. Neurosci 1988.
- Kristensson, K., K.V. Holmes, C.S. Duchala, N.K. Zeller, R.A. Lazzarini, and M. Dubois-Dalcq: Increased levels of myelin basic protein transcripts in virus- induced demyelination. Nature 322: 544-547, 1986.