Executive in Residence
Department of Public Administration and Policy
- Dr. Ruth Zaplin is an Executive-in-Residence, School of Public Affairs, Department of Public Administration & Policy and Director of International Programs, Key Executive Leadership Programs at American University. Dr. Zaplin served as a senior advisor and project director with the National Academy of Public Administration in Washington, DC and founded the Academy’s Global Leadership Consortium. As a Senior Manager at BearingPoint, she led enterprise-wide transformation plans, large-scale government reform, workforce restructuring, and work redesign initiatives in both the public and private sectors. Selected achievements include: leadership development, succession planning, and diversity study for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; designing a Government Center for Innovation to strengthen the capability of the State of Qatar’s public sector leaders and serve as a leadership development model of excellence for the Middle East; and leading the organizational change effort to integrate the core IRS financial management systems. Equally adept at bridging research, organizational theory and practice, her background includes executive leadership of a nationally known non-governmental organization and social science research in criminal justice. Dr. Zaplin has two nationally known textbooks in criminal justice and numerous book chapters related to leadership development. She holds a DPA, MPA, MA, and BA. She received her Executive Coaching accreditation from Georgetown University and is certified by the International Coach Federation.
DegreesDPA, MPA, MA, BA
- SPA - Key Leadership Program
- Watkins - 111
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
- PUAD-028 Executive Skill Modules: Manager as Coach OIG Nl 25
- PUAD-057 Managing Organizational Trans: Managing Org Trans OIG/NL26
- PUAD-638 Strat Human Res Mgmt for Execs: Strat Human Res Mgmt - Key 49
- PUAD-654 Organization Diagnosis & Chng: Org Diagnosis & Chng - Key 48