Chief Information Security Officer
- Cathy works in the Office of Information Technology, identifying risk sources, planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the University's information technology security program to safeguard new and existing technologies and services.She contributes to university-wide information security awareness and education programs and is responsible for the development of information security policies, procedures and security standards. She works with internal and external auditors to ensure AU's information technology resources are compliant with applicable, policies, laws, and regulations and coordinates the investigation of technology security incidents.
DegreesMEd, George Mason University
Favorite Spot on Campus:Ilene Zatkin-Butler Garden
Partnerships & Affiliations
Co-Chair HEISC Governance, Risk & Compliance group
Member Northern VA Chapter
Director for Scholarship & Campus Relations
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Technology Managers Forum's Best Practices in Information Security, 2009
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls, 2010
- Graduate, FRYE Leadership Institute, 2009
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT, 2009
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, 2006
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, 2005
- Alternative IT Sourcing: A Discussion of Privacy, Security, and Risk, EDUCAUSE Review 2011
- Business Continuity Planning. University Business, 2006.
AU News and Achievements
AU Receives Honorable Mention for Best Practices in Information Security
American University’s Information Security group was recently a joint recipient of the Technology Managers ...