February 6, 2014
|FROM:||Scott A. Bass, Provost
|SUBJECT:||University Faculty Awards
Last week, President Kerwin launched the 2014 University Awards process, which allows members of the AU community to nominate and recognize outstanding faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Within this larger process, talented faculty are selected for the University Faculty Awards, which are the highest institutional awards bestowed on AU faculty. These awards include:
- Scholar/Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Teaching in a Full-Time Appointment
- Outstanding Scholarship, Research, Creative-Activity, and Other Professional Contributions
- Outstanding Service to the University Community
- Outstanding Teaching in a Term Appointment
- Outstanding Teaching in an Adjunct Appointment
- The Morton Bender Prize (nominations are made only by the Deans and the University Librarian)
At this time, I invite all members of the AU community to nominate faculty. Faculty may also nominate themselves. The nomination process is outlined at http://www.american.edu/universityawards/Faculty-Awards.cfm. A link to the nomination form is located on this page. Nominations must be submitted to the nominee’s respective dean’s office or to the University Librarian by Friday, February 21 for consideration. The 2014 recipients will be announced in March and will be acknowledged at the Faculty Recognition Dinner on April 27.
Thank you in advance for participating in this important recognition.