Skip to main content

Graduate Program Director Guide


Academic Unit: a free-standing school or college or the University Library;the academic units are the Kogod School of Business, School of Communication, School of Public Affairs, School of International Service, College of Arts and Sciences, and University Library.

Graduate Financial Aid (GFA): Internal funding for graduate students for tuition and/or stipend to support their graduate studies. Stipends are paid for work as a teaching assistant (TA) or research assistant (RA).

Teaching Unit: A department, school within an academic unit, division, program, institute, or center.