Welcome to the Office of the Provost. The provost is the chief academic officer at American University and is responsible for the guiding vision and leadership of the university's academic affairs. This Web page is intended to be a resource for students and faculty as well as those interested in learning more about American University. A complete list of units that report to the provost is available on the Provost Office Organizational Chart.
- Academic Calendar
- Annual Goals (for deans & vice provosts - login required)
- Annual Reports (for deans & vice provosts - login required)
- Degrees, Majors & Certificates
- Learning Outcomes & Assessment
- RGI Task Force Final Report (for faculty & staff - login required)
- Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA)
- Faculty Senate
AU 2030 is a strategic planning initiative that looks to the institution's future and identifies groundbreaking areas for which AU can be nationally and internationally recognized as the very best.
American University has always been known for its commitment to providing students with a variety of opportunities to engage with issues through academics, research, investigation and personal experiences.
Professor’s Book Examines Single Market in Europe and United States
Professor Michelle Egan’s new book -- Single Markets: Economic Integration in Europe and the United States -- analyzes the challenges in constructing an internal market from constituent nation states on both sides of the Atlantic.