Welcome to Mapworks!
Whether you are a first-year student new to college or a transfer student new to the university, your first semester here is critical. Beginning your Mapworks experience is just one of many smart steps you can take to achieve success.
What's the Mapworks Process?
Mapworks begins with an online assessment you complete during the 4th and 5th weeks of the semester. For 2014-2015 academic year, this is September 15-29 in the fall and February 2-16 in the spring. For extensive information about the program, check out the Frequently Asked Questions or review the program's infographic.
After completing the assessment you can:
- Instantly download a detailed, personalized report of your results. If you have already taken the survey, you can review your results by logging back into your Mapworks portal.
- Participate in an online reflection activity from AU's Emotions and Positive Psychology Lab
- Receive personalized invitations to participate in AU events and programs that match your needs.
Participating in Mapworks leads to Success
Students who participated in Mapworks:
- Earned higher fall, spring, and cumulative grade point averages;
- Completed more academic credits during their first year;
- Were less likely to be placed on academic probation;
- Were more likely to return to AU;
- Benefited from additional direct and individualized staff support and assistance.
Click here to view your Mapworks invitation.