Welcome to MAP-Works!
Whether you are a first-year student new to college or a transfer student new to the university, your first semester here is critical. Beginning your MAP-Works experience is just one of many smart steps you can take to achieve success.
What's the MAP-Works Process?
MAP-Works begins with an online assessment you complete during the 4th and 5th weeks of the semester. For 2014-2015 academic year, this is September 15-29 in the fall and February 2-16 in the spring. For extensive information about the program, check out the Frequently Asked Questions or review the program's infographic.
After completing the assessment you can:
- Instantly download a detailed, personalized report of your results. If you have already taken the survey, you can review your results by logging back into your MAP-Works portal.
- Participate in an online reflection activity from AU's Emotions and Positive Psychology Lab
- Receive personalized invitations to participate in AU events and programs that match your needs.
Participating in MAP-Works leads to Success
Students who participated in MAP-Works:
- Earned higher fall, spring, and cumulative grade point averages;
- Completed more academic credits during their first year;
- Were less likely to be placed on academic probation;
- Were more likely to return to AU;
- Benefited from additional direct and individualized staff support and assistance.
Click here to view your MAP-Works invitation.