Internal Academic Record
An internal academic record is an uncertified copy of your student academic record. It is designed to show the same information as your Official Transcript, but is printed by you and does not carry the Registrar's seal or signature.
What are the benefits of Internal Academic Record?
- The Internal Academic Record provides you with a place to view your current GPA, all the courses you have taken, as well as those for which you are currently registered.
- It is helpful for internal purposes, such as applying for an internship, to show the types of courses you have taken to apply for a research grant, or perhaps to show that you have met a minimum GPA requirement.
- Internal Academic Records are available 24/7 through this direct link on the portal, myau.american.edu (portal login required).
- Official Transcripts CANNOT be sent by email or faxed.
Current students may obtain an Internal Academic Record through this direct link on the portal, myau.american.edu (portal login required).
Do you need an Official Transcript?
- The Official Transcript is printed on security paper with the AU seal and the Registrar’s signature.
- Internal Academic Records will not typically be accepted for any official transactions such as applications for admission to graduate school, for some employment opportunities, or security clearances.
- Internal Academic Records are only available to current students. If you are an alum or former student, you must request an Official Transcript.
When will I recieve my Official Transcript?
- Pick-up Requests for Official Transcripts: Requests for transcript pick-up submitted via the portal or in-person by 10:00 AM on weekdays will be ready after 3:00 PM on the same day. Requests submitted after 10 AM will be available for pick-up the next business day after 3 PM at AU Central. AU Central is located in the Asbury Building, South Wing, Room 201.
- If you're requesting your transcript be mailed, please allow 3 business days for AU processing and 3-5 business days for the US mail (USPS) delivery for domestic addresses and 5-10 business days for international addresses.
- Official transcripts cannot be sent by email or faxed.
- Status inquiries can be made to Student Records Services, 202.885.2022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to request an Official Transcript:If you have any questions please call 202-885-2022
Currently enrolled students: May request an official transcript with this direct link on the portal, myau.american.edu. Portal login required so you will need to know your student ID and password to access your account.
Former students: Must download and print a transcript request form. (This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here to download the reader.) After you fill in the information, please bring the form to AU Central (Asbury 201). Another option is to mail or fax the form to the information listed below:
- Fax your written request for your official transcript to:
Transcripts -- (202) 885-1016
- Mail your request to:
Office of the Registrar
Attn: Student Record Services
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-8064
You may also come into AU Central (Asbury 201) and fill out the transcript request form in person. (If your request is in by 10 AM on a weekday, you will be able to pick-up the transcript after 3 PM on the same day. Requests submitted after 10 AM will be available for pick-up the next business day after 3 PM.)
AU Central is open for business on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Wednesday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Law Students: Transcript requests (official or unofficial) submitted through Eagle Eye will be prepared as soon as the Law School Registrar's Office receive them, usually that is within 3 working days. Urgent requests should be submitted directly to the Law School Registrar.