Full University Review
- Identify the appropriate Proposal Template (see right-hand sidebar). Please note that the templates are "text PDFs," meaning that you may copy and paste the text into MS Word or similar software.
- Develop a proposal that addresses all the questions asked in the template. Please take note of the “Order of Review” at the end of each template.
- Refine the proposal through the Academic Unit’s internal processes until approved by the Dean of the Academic Unit.
- Complete the Cover and Signatures Page, including the names of the individuals who will need to approve the proposal based on the order of review. For officials whose approval is not needed, enter NOT APPLICABLE.
- If the proposal is a Minor Change, once approved by the EPC and Dean, send it directly to email@example.com. The proposal is completed.
- If the proposal needs full university review, follow the rest of the steps given below.
- Post the proposal to the Academic Unit's website, and submit a Today@AU announcement (audience: faculty) inviting all faculty to submit comments. The announcement should specify the duration of the comment period (at least one week) and to whom the comments should be sent.
- At the end of the comment period, the Dean’s Office submits a PDF of the final proposal (including dean comments, community comments, and responses to comments) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cc the deans of affected units and the provost on the email. The proposal should come as a single PDF file. The Senate Staff Assistant will upload the document to Sharepoint for the next level of review.
- Proposals are checked by staff in the Office for the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies or Graduate Studies as appropriate for completion and inclusion of all supporting statements and comments. Should the staff send the proposal back to the Academic Unit for revisions, the Senate Staff Assistant will communicate their comments to the Academic Unit via email.
- If completed, the proposals are reviewed first by the Faculty Senate Committee on Undergraduate Curriculum or Graduate Curriculum as appropriate. The Committee will be able to discuss the proposal through a secure discussion board. Should the Committee send the proposal back to the Academic Unit for revisions, the Senate Staff Assistant will communicate their comments to the Academic Unit via email.
- The Committee will provide a recommendation to approve or not approve to the Office of the Provost. Proposals that have been approved by the Office of the Provost will either be sent electronically to the Office of the University Registrar, or routed to the President and/or Board of Trustees for approval, as appropriate.
- Once fully approved, proposals will be sent to Curriculum Services.
Questions? Please contact Julian Hough.