Becoming an intramural official is very simple. We ask that you complete a short training prior to the season that includes classroom sessions and active sessions, meaning we are on the court or at the fields. We cover a wide range of topics from beginner concepts & rules to advanced theories in officiating.
Each of our major sports has their own training. You can work all or just one or two sports a semester. We have very flexible scheduling, a great team of co-workers and opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
The individuals we hire should be willing to learn and be active at work. We strive to provide excellent service and are seeking individuals who can take feedback for improvement. Previous sport playing and officiating backgrounds are preferred but not required. Being an intramural official also makes you eligible to be a member in the AU Officials Association. This group works to create opportunities for AU referees off campus and enhance their learning and development.
The dates of clinics and their locations are below. Full attendance is required in order to receive a position. If you are interested please contact Ryan Amato for more information.
- January 27th from 7-9pm in Kettler-Palmer Lounge
- January 28th from 7:30-10:00pm in Bender Arena
- January 30th from 7:30-10:00pm in Bender Arena
* We will also be hiring basketball score keepers. Scorekeeper training will require attendance at the basketball clinics.
Flag Football Clinics
- March 17th from 7-9pm in Kettler-Palmer Lounge
- March 18th from 5:30-7:00pm at Jacobs Field
- March 20th from 5:30-7:00pm at Jacobs Field
Indoor Soccer Clinic
- March 19th from 7-9:30pm in Kettler-Palmer Lounge
**Kettler-Palmer Lounge is located on the 2nd floor of the Sports Center.**