SIS Alumni Relations and Development
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016-8143
Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Students and alumni are welcome to make an appointment with the SIS Office of Alumni Relations to learn more about how to take advantage of their AU SIS Alumni Network. Make your appointment today!
If you have 5 minutes:
- Join the new American University online community to network and connect with other alumni.
- Join SIS on LinkedIn, Follow SIS on Twitter, and Like SIS on Facebook to engage in conversation and provide advice and guidance to SIS students.
- Update your contact information to ensure you receive the latest AU and SIS news and information including American magazine and the new SIS E-Newsletter as well as invitations to SIS and university-wide special events.
- Make a gift to the School.
If you have 10 minutes:
- Apply to become a mentor to an SIS student looking for real-world, career-building advice and guidance.
If you have 30 minutes:
If you have an hour:
- Participate in the Alumni in the Atrium Series. Sit in the beautiful SIS atrium and share with students how you got to where you are today. Also discuss resume and cover letter tips and networking tricks.
If you have a half day:
- Assist in leading a skills-institute on networking, resume writing, public speaking, and much more.
- Host a Dinner with Alumni event at a restaurant. Current students will be invited to enjoy dinner and conversation with you.
If you have a day or two:
- Assist in the Undergraduate/Graduate Enrollment Management process through the Alumni Admissions Volunteers Program. Represent SIS at local career fairs, interview potential students, attend a local prospective event, or serve on a Q & A panel at recruitment fairs.
If you have more than a year:
- Consider applying to serve on AU’s Alumni Board.