Domestic and International Practitioners (or Non-AU Graduate Students)
To register for courses, please fill out the application form and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation of your form's submission in 3-5 business days.
Summer 2013 Application
Registration Fees: $735 per weeklong course, $400 for the weekend course
The staff at the Peacebuilding & Development Institute is aware that it is difficult for many of its international participants to raise funds to attend the Summer Professional Training Program. Therefore, PDI has not raised tuition rates in more than eight years and makes every effort to equip its applicants with the tools necessary to acquire funding. If you feel that you may not be able to attend the summer institute for financial reasons, please consider filling out our Scholarship application below. Please visit our International Applicants page for further information.
*All Scholarships for the Peacebuilding and Development Institute 2013 have been distributed. All applications received in the future will be placed on a waitlist*
If you are an AU student taking this course for academic credit, the normal credit-hours rates apply. There are no registration fees. Contact your academic advisor to see how this course will fit with your requirements. If you do not want to take the courses for credit, please contact PDI to enroll.
Why take our training course:
- Apply your degree in a diverse setting
- Obtain practical skills to complement the theory you have learned in your graduate programs at AU
- Receive international experience without paying to leave the US through interactions with practitioners and hands-on field training
- Engage in networking opportunities that lead to paid internships and jobs
- Work alongside practitioners from over 30 countries
- All AU Graduate Students can take our courses
The courses are listed under SIS-619 and are two credits each
Note: The weekend courses on Trauma-Sensitive Peacebuilding, Development, and Humanitarian Aid and Media and Peacebuilding are only 1 credit.
Our courses are ideal for fulfilling elective and skills requirements. Contact your academic advisor on how participation in PDI's courses may fit into your degree requirements.
There are no additional registration fees required if you are taking the course for academic credit.
How to Register:
This year's summer courses are listed under SIS-051 (Non-credit), SIS-319 (Undergrad), and SIS-619 (Grad):
- Religion, Culture and Conflict Resolution
- Designing Programs for Children in Adversity
- Trauma-Sensitive Peacebuilding, Development and Humanitarian Aid
- Media and Peacebuilding
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Peacebuilding Projects
- Women's Leadership and Peacebuilding