Graduate Certificate in Global Information Technology
This interdisciplinary certificate gives students the skills and knowledge to work in organizations that support information technology globally. It is designed for business professionals who work across many locations, and professionals in international organizations, governments, and nongovernmental organizations with responsibility for strategy, policy, and implementation of information technology in developing and emerging economies.
Admission to the Program
Open to students with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution and preferably at least one year of work experience. Applicants must submit their official transcripts along with a one page statement of purpose. For international students whose first language is not English, a score of at least 550 (213 on the computer version) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required.
- 15.5 credit hours of approved course work with at least 6 credit hours at the 600-level or above and grades of B or above. Grades of C or D in certificate courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
- ITEC-630 Business Process Analysis (3)
- ITEC-643 Project Management (3)
- 4.5 credit hours from approved ITEC-5xx, 6xx, or 7xx courses
- SIS-628 Advanced Topics in International Communication: Global Knowledge Economy (3)
- SIS-644 Communication and Social and Economic Development (3)
- SIS-633 Selected Topics in International Communication (1) (taken twice for a total of 2 credit hours)
- SIS-642 Cross-Cultural Communication (3)