School of International Service
- Stephanie Fischer is an executive in residence at American University in the School for International Service, teaching courses in corporate social responsibility, nonprofit management and professional competencies for social entrepreneurs. Outside the classroom she leads consulting assignments for American University’s Social Enterprise Program masters students. Stephanie has an extensive background in the social sector, particularly social enterprises, having been chief operating officer of Microfinance Opportunities, chief program officer of GlobalGiving and an associate director at Ashoka. Stephanie’s international assignments have included directing the Advisory Board Foundation’s child protection project in the Philippines and leading Cummins Inc.’s corporate social responsibility efforts in Mexico. Currently, in addition to her work with American University, she advises a number of social enterprises in management, program planning, operations and leadership.
DegreesMBA, Strategic Management, the Wharton School; BA, International Politics and Economics, Middlebury College.
- SIS - School of International Service
- East Quad Bldg - 12C
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
- SIS-696 Selected Topics:Non-Recurring: Professional Competences II
- SIS-696 Selected Topics:Non-Recurring: Financing Social Innovation
- SIS-730 Skills Inst in Int'l Affairs: Consulting Skills
- SISU-106 First Year Seminar: Business in Soc: Don't Be Evil