School of International Service
Additional Positions at AUTerm Faculty
- Dr. Garret J. Martin is an Editor at Large at the European Institute, based in Washington, DC, a Board Member for 'European Affairs', and a Term faculty in the School of International Service. He has written widely on transatlantic relations, both in the field of history and contemporary affairs, and focuses in particular on security, European foreign policy and defense, Europe and Iran.
DegreesPhD, London School of Economics and Political Science
- SIS-School of Intl Service
- East Quad Bldg - 202B
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Dr. Martin’s research interests center on transatlantic relations, NATO, security, common European foreign policy and defense, the European Union, Europe and Iran.
- General de Gaulle’s Cold War: Challenging American Hegemony, 1963-1968. New York: Berghahn Books, 2013 - http://www.amazon.com/General-Gaulles-Cold-War-Challenging/dp/1782380159
- Field Manual to Europe, Bertelsmann Foundation (contributor) - http://www.bfna.org/sites/default/files/BF-FieldManual-FEB13%20-3.pdf
- European Diplomacy and the Iranian Nuclear Negotiations - http://www.europeaninstitute.org/index.php/252-european-affairs/ea-may-2015/2066-auto-generate-from-title