School of International Service
- Professor Giraudy's book, Democrats and Autocrats (Oxford University Press, 2015), explores the multiple pathways towards subnational undemocratic regime continuity within democratized countries. Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in the Journal of Politics, Journal of Politics in Latin America, Studies in Comparative International Development, Latin American Research Review, Journal of Democracy (en Español), Revista de Ciencia Política (Chile), among others. Before joining AU, Professor Giraudy held a postdoctoral position at the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, taught at Universidad Torcuato Di Tella (Argentina) and Universidad de San Andrés (Argentina), and worked as a consultant for the Ford Foundation, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the World Bank.
- DOWNLOAD CV (PDF)
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Subnational undemocratic regimes in Argentina and Mexico, subnational institutions, federalism, and state territorial reach.
Work In Progress
- Unpacking State Territorial Reach: State officials and territorial challengers (R&R) (with Juan Pablo Luna)
- Subnational Research in Comparative Politics (edited volume) (with Eduardo Moncada and Richard Snyder)
- Patrimonialism in Latin America (with Jonthan Hartlyn)
- Breakdown of Subnational Undemocratic Regimes
- "Who wants an Independent Court? Political Competition and Supreme Court Autonomy in the Argentine Provinces (1984-2008)," The Journal of Politics, 77:1 (2015) (with Marcelo Leiras and Guadalupe Tuñón).
- “Varieties of Subnational Undemocratic Regimes: Evidence from Argentina and Mexico.” Studies in Comparative International Development, Vol. 48, Issue 1 (2013), 51-80.
- "Conceptualizing State Strength. Moving Beyond Strong and Weak States”. Revista de Ciencia Política. Vol. 32, No. 3, (2012), 599–611.
- “Subnational Democracy: Lessons from Latin America.” APSA - Comparative Democratization Newsletter, Vol. 10, No. 1 (2012).
- "La política territorial de la democracia subnacional.” Journal of Democracy en Español, Vol 3 (Julio) (2011), 42-57.
- "The Politics of Subnational Undemocratic Regime Reproduction in Argentina and Mexico.” Journal of Politics in Latin America, Vol. 2 (2) (2010), 53-84.
- “The distributive politics of emergency employment programs in Argentina (1993-2002).” Latin American Research Review, Vol. 42, No. 2 (2007), 33-55.