School of International Service
- Professor Henning specializes in the politics and institutions of international economic relations, international and comparative political economy, economic policymaking and regional integration. He has focused specifically on international monetary policy, European monetary integration, macroeconomic policy coordination, G20 summits and East Asian regionalism. Currently, he is conducting a project on the relationship between regionalism and multilateralism and political economy of the euro crisis.
DegreesPhD, Tufts University; BA, Stanford University
- SIS - School of International Service
- SIS - 317
FOR THE MEDIA
To request an interview for a
news story, call AU Communications
at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Visiting Fellow, Institute for International Economics
- Fellowship Selection Committee, German Marshall Fund of the United States
- European Community Studies Association Distinguished Scholar, 1999
- Faculty President, School of International Service, 2004-2005
- Member, American Political Science Organization
- Member, International Studies Association
- Member, European Union Studies Association
- Member, American Economic Association
- Global Economics in Extraordinary Times: Essays in Honor of John Williamson. Co-Edited by C. Fred Bergsten. Peterson Institute Press, November 2012.
- "Choice and Coercion in East Asian Exchange Rate Regimes," Peterson Institute for International Economics, September 2012.
- "California's Lesson for the Euro." The Prospect, June 20, 2012.
- Interview: "The G-8 and Euro Area Clouds," Peterson Institute for International Economics, May 17, 2012
- Interview: "Toward a European Fiscal Union (Part I | Part II)," Peterson Institute Perspective, May 4-7, 2012.
- "Fiscal Federalism: U.S. History for Architects of Europe's Fiscal Union," with Martin Kessler, Peterson Institute for International Economics, January 2012.
- "Asia and Global Financial Governance," with Mohsin S. Khan, Peterson Institute for International Economics, October 2011.
- "Coordinating Regional and Multilateral Financial Institutions," Peterson Institute for International Economics, March 2011.
- "The Future of the Chiang Mai Initiative: An Asian Monetary Fund?" Peterson Institute for International Economics, February 2009.
- Accountabiltiy and Oversight of U.S. Exchange Rate Policy. Peterson Institute Press, June 2008.