The Global Scholars Program is a highly selective course of study designed for outstanding entering freshmen passionate about creating meaningful change in the world. The Program allows 25 School of International Service (SIS) first-year students to enroll in a three-year B.A. program with the option of considering a four-year B.A./M.A. Through a carefully planned sequence of courses, students will:
- take two SIS foundation courses as a cohort;
- have the opportunity to study abroad during the summer or the academic year;
- compete for funding for major research awards and internships between the second and third year of study;
- receive support from program faculty, staff and SIS alumni with career/internship placement;
- organize community service and activities outside of the classroom as a cohort.