Students enrolled in the Global Scholars Program have unique academic and co-curricular activities during the academic year and the summer semesters:
- The Global Scholars faculty directors work with students to assist with career planning and applications for internships and external research awards.
- Students have the opportunity to receive funding to attend the National Conference on Undergraduate Research, which in 2014 will take place at the University of Kentucky.
- Global Scholars students live in a living learning community that offers special programming throughout the academic year, including monthly community meetings with guest speakers working in international affairs.
- Global Scholars students can apply financial aid, including scholarships, toward expenses associated with summer study abroad and/or summer classes (taken online or on campus).
- Students may study abroad between the summer of their first and second year and/or during the second academic year. Students can take advantage of the summer study abroad program crafted specifically for the Global Scholars Program, or they can choose any study abroad program offered through AU Abroad or SIS.