- Human Rights Courses
- Useful Sources of Information
There are a growing number of websites that should prove helpful to you in researching human rights issues.
- Human Rights Timeline
Timeline of human rights events from 1919 to 2008
- Human Rights Student Groups
- Human Rights Internships and Volunteer Positions: Washington D.C. and Across the US
- Human Rights Internships and Volunteer Positions: International Organizations
- IT’S TIME TO JOIN THE STRUGGLE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS! The Human Rights Council aims to facilitate your introduction and involvement in the exciting, challenging and highly provocative world of human rights through providing you with an overview of organizations working in rights protection and promotion. From fighting discrimination and poverty, to fighting for rights of minorities, women, children, the disabled and providing support to survivors of war, trauma and torture, these organizations work for and with individuals and communities to assist them in asserting their agencies and encouraging creativity for rights promotion and protection.
- By no means an exhaustive list, this compilation offers AU students the opportunity to search for internships and volunteer programs in Washington D.C., across the United States and in other regions on issues and areas of their interest research, policy or immediate humanitarian assistance. Internships and volunteer programs will assist each and every one of you with valuable skills and experience through:
- Direct Service — field work, medical care, relief distribution, reconstruction efforts, political lobbying; Research —conducting research on specific human rights issues; Administrative — grant writing, policy work, assisting with office management and planning logistics
- Words of Wisdom for Human Rights Enthusiasts: Explore the possibility of obtaining college credits through internships; Visit websites regularly to know about deadlines for applications; Apply early; Don’t forget to get recommendations from your intern supervisor; Internships can sometimes pave the way for future job opportunities--so plan your internships and make an impression!