Featured Faculty Research
Professor Jeff Colgan
- “Domestic Revolutionary Leaders and International Conflict” World Politics. Forthcoming (2013).
- “The Pathways from Oil to War” International Security. Forthcoming (Summer 2013).
- “Measuring Revolution” Conflict Management and Peace Science, 29:4. 2012.
- “Oil and Revolutionary Governments: Fuel for International Conflict” International Organization, 64:4. 2010.
Professor Randall Henning
- “Global Economics in Extraordinary Times: Essays in Honor of John Williamson,” The Peterson Institute for International Economics, November 2012.
- "California's Lesson for the Euro," The Prospect, June 20, 2012.
- “Accountability and Oversight of US Exchange Rate Policy.” The Peterson Institute for International Economics, June 2008.
- “East Asian Financial Cooperation,” in Policy Analyses in International Economics 68, The Peterson Institute for International Economics, October 2002.
- “The Exchange Stabilization Fund: Slush Money or War Chest?,” in Policy Analyses in International Economics 57, The Peterson Institute for International Economics, May 1999.
“Cooperating with Europe's Monetary Union, in Policy Analyses,” in International Economics 49, The Peterson Institute for International Economics, May 1997.
“Global Economic Leadership and the Group of Seven,” The Peterson Institute for International Economics, June 1996 (co-author).
“Currencies and Politics in the United States, Germany, and Japan,” The Peterson Institute for International Economics, September 1994.
Professor Sarah Knight
- "Monetary Unions, Bretton Woods, and Global Finance," in Gerard Caprio, ed. The Handbook of Key Global Financial Markets, Institutions, and Infrastructure. Oxford: Elsevier Press. 2012.
- "Divested Interests:Globalization and the New Politics of Exchange Rates," Business and Politics, Vol. 12, Issue 2 (August 2010).
- "Electronic Commerce," in Robert A. Denamark, ed. The International Studies Compendium Project. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing. 2010. (Co-authored with Catherine L. Mann)
- "Review of One Economics, Many Recipes, by Dani Rodrik," Democracy and Society, Volume 5 (December), 2007.
- "Regulatory Conflict Over Data Privacy," Cases on Transatlantic Relations, American Consortium on European Studies, 2003.
- Global Electronic Commerce: A Policy Primer, book co-authored with Catherine L. Mann and Sue E. Eckert. Washington, DC: Institute for International Economics, 2000.
- "Electronic Commerce and the World Trade Organization,"chapter co-authored with Catherine L. Mann, in Jeffrey Schott, ed., The WTO After Seattle. Washington, DC: Institute for International Economics, 2000.
Professor Arturo Porzecanski
- "Borrowing and Debt: How Do Sovereigns Get Into Trouble?," in Sovereign Debt Management, 2013.
- "Behind the Greek Default and Restructuring of 2012,” in Sovereign Debt and Debt Restructuring, 2013.
- "Buenos Aires to Athens: The Road to Perdition," in CSIS Americas Program, April 2, 2012.
- "Mexico's Retrogression: Implications of a Bankruptcy Reorganization Gone Wrong," CSIS Americas Program Hemisphere Focus, November 2011.
- "Should Argentina be Welcomed Back by Investors?" World Economics, July-September 2011.
- "Corporate Workouts in Mexico: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," CSIS Issues in International Political Economy, April 2011.
- "When Bad Things Happen to Good Sovereign Debt Contracts: The Case of Ecuador," Law and Contemporary Problems, Fall 2010.
- "Latin America: The Missing Financial Crisis," United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America, October 2009.
- "U.S.-Latin America Relations: A New Direction for a New Reality," Council on Foreign Relations, May 2008 (contributor).
- "The Fixed-Income Market in Uruguay," Bond Markets in Latin America, 2008 (co-author).
- "The Constructive Role of Private Creditors," Dealing Fairly with Developing Country Debt, 2007.
- "Debt Relief by Private and Official Creditors: The Record Speaks," International Finance, Summer 2007.
- "El Mercado de Renta Fija en Uruguay,"Banco Central del Uruguay Revista de Economia, May 2007 (co-author).
- "Dealing with Sovereign Debt: Trends and Implications," in Sovereign Debt at the Crossroads, 2006.
Professor Stephen Silvia
Holding the Shop Together: German Industrial Relations in the Postwar Era. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University Press, 2013.
"The Unsinkable Dollar-Euro Exchange Rate," AICGS Advisor, 9 October 2012.
"Why do Germans and US Reactions to the Financial Crisis differ?" German Politics and Society 29, no.4 (Winter 2011).
- "Things Fall Apart: Contemporary Analyses of German Economic and Political Developments," Comparative European Politics, (October 2010).
- "The Elusive Quest for Normalcy: The German Economy since Unification," German Politics and Society 28, no. 2 (Summer 2010), pp. 82-101.
- "Why Germany reformed Public Pensions, but the United States did not," German Studies Review 32, no. 1 (February 2009): 23-50.
- "German Trade Unionism in the Postwar Years: The Third and Fourth Movements," in Craig L. Phelan, ed., Trade Unions since 1945: Towards a Global History. Oxford: Peter Lang, 2009.
- "Why are German Employers Associations Declining? Arguments and Evidence," Comparative Political Studies 40, no. 12 (Dec. 2007): 1433-59 [lead author, with Wolfgang Schroeder].
- The German Locomotive: Can It Drive the European Economy? Transatlantic Council of the United States, 2007 (with Fran Burwell et al.).
- "Is the Euro Working? The Euro and European Labor Markets," Journal of Public Policy 24, no. 2 (August 2004): 147-168.
- Reinventing the German Economy. AICGS, The Johns Hopkins University, 2003.
- "Gewerkschaften und Arbeitgeberverbnde, [Trade Unions and Employers Associations,] in Wolfgang Schroeder and Berhard Wessels, eds., Gewerkschaften in Politik und Gesellschaft der Bundesrepublik [Trade Unions in the Politics and Society of the Federal Republic]. Opladen: Westdeutscher Verlag, 2003, [with Wolfgang Schroeder].
Professor Krista Tuomi
- "How demand sophistication (de-)limits economic upgrading: Comparing the film industries of South Africa and Nigeria," (with Helena Barnard), Industry and Innovation, Vol. 15 (6), December 2008.
- "A Comparative Analysis of the South African Feature Film Industry," Social Dynamics, December 2006, Vol. 32 (1), December 2006.
- "Organizational Shifts in the Feature Film Industry: Implications for South Africa," Transformation, January 2007.
- "Micro Economic Development Strategy for the South African Film Sector," Department of Economic Development and Tourism, ISBN: 0-621-36038-4, June 2005.
- "Assessing the Role and Impact of Ecolabelling in the Three BCLME Countries," Benguela Current Large Marine Ecosystem (BCLME), BCLME Project LMR/SE/03/02, December 2005.
- "Environmental Cost-Benefit Analysis," Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism, November 2003. Jointly published with Tony Leiman.