The Intercultural Management Institute is seeking session presenters for our 16th Annual Conference on Intercultural Relations on March 12-13, 2015. We are looking for conference sessions that will offer varied, interactive experiences as well as skills development for individuals concerned with advancing intercultural relations. Key thematic tracks in this year's conference will examine intercultural issues in education, exchanges, and training; media; diplomacy; business; healthcare.
The content of the session should fall under one of the following conference tracks:
- Education, Exchanges, and Training
- Public Sector
- Intercultural Relations
*IMI highly recommends interactive workshops.
In addition to these tracks, other topics of interest include:
- Training of Trainers
- Human Resources
- The Culture of Generation Y
- Experiential Learning (games and simulations)
- Third Culture Kids
- The Culture of Green – Sustainability Across Culture
- Teaching Cross-Cultural Communication Through Visual Arts
- Intergenerational Cultures in the Workplace
- Integration and Immigration
Previous sessions have included: The Use of Film in Cross-Cultural Training; Contrast Culture Simulation – The Khan Exercise; Global Effectiveness through Cultural Intelligence; Ideal Myths and Real Consequences: Real World Implication of Cultural Perceptions; Through the Prism of Culture: Interest Based Negotiations and the U.S. Air Force; Diversity Dynamics from a Systems Approach; Global Consulting: Insights on Bridging Cultures, Influencing and Use of Power.
Conference attendees are a diverse group of professional practitioners, academics, and scholars dedicated to advancing intercultural relations. With more than 200 attendees expected and an “a la carte” program menu from which to choose one’s learning track, presenters should plan on about 38 sessions over two days and a range of 7-35 participants in each session.
As a presenter, you have the opportunity to enjoy multiple benefits by participating in this great event.
- All presenters will receive complimentary conference registration for both days, including concurrent and plenary sessions, keynote luncheons, and networking reception.
- Great publicity; you will be featured in the conference program as well as on the IMI conference website.
- Sell your book at our Conference Bookstore and display your materials on our Conference Reference Table.
- Professional development and resource acquisition. Expand your knowledge and gain insight from best practices presented by other professionals in the field.
- Thursday and Friday, March 12-13, 2015
- Sessions will run 90 minutes in length, and will be scheduled based on your availability as described in the Request for Proposals Application.
American University Campus
School of International Service (SIS)
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20016
If you are interested in presenting to this dynamic group, please complete the online application found at, https://american.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3ELUveuaxsuK101 and email your resume to Robin Barnes, IMI Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requested materials are due July 14, 2015.
Please contact IMI at 202.885.6434 or send an email to, email@example.com