Congratulations on your admission to American University's
School of Communication!
This page provides answers to the most frequently asked questions by our newly admitted graduate students. We update this page frequently so check back often to ensure that you have the latest information regarding your transition to American University's School of Communication.
Summer Events for Newly Admitted Students
July 8, 2014: Trivia, Clydes in Friendship Heights/Chevy Chase at 6:30 pm
August 5, 2014: National vs Mets game, Nationals Park at 6:00 pm
August 9, 2014: Indoor "picnic",American University main campus at 5:00 pm
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are welcome to bring a guest. We look forward to seeing you!
New Student Checklist
- Have you paid your seat deposit?
- Filled out a FAFSA form?
- Started exploring housing options?
- Noted the first day of Boot Camp (full-time journalism students only), orientation and admitted students day?
- Looked through the schedule of classes to start planning for the upcoming semester?
Important Dates and Info:
- Orientation for all weekday program students is Friday, August 22, 2014.
- From this point on, all correspondence to you from the University will be sent to your american.edu email account. It is critical that you check your AU email regularly. You are responsible for information sent to that account, including wait list notifications.
- Your myau.american.edu portal contains a wealth of information – fees, registration and waitlist status, course schedules, etc.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at the SOC Graduate Office with any questions at 202-885-2040 or via email at email@example.com.
Follow this link for more helpful information to ease your transition to SOC.
What are Current Students Saying About SOC?
"The professors are active in the industry. I am getting an education based on real-world experience."
"The faculty are phenomenal!"
"You learn a lot in class and gain real-world experience."
"I feel as if I've learned more in one semester than I did in all of undergad!"
"I love the public comm graduate program at AU!"