Class of 2015
Major: Film and Media Arts
Minor(s): Marketing; Education
Hometown: Voorhees, NJ
Favorite SOC Courses:
- Visual Literacy
- Writing for Communication
- Missions Media intern, National Geographic
- PR/Marketing Director, Blends with Benefits
- Co-PR/Marketing direct and crew member, ATV
- Student worker, New Media Center
Best Moments in SOC:
- Quadrupling her communication skills in just a few short months while taking Professor Menke-Fish’s Visual Literacy class her freshman year. For her class’s final client project she helped film a conference for a non-profit organization that supports families treating loved ones with eating disorders and that was a powerful experience in teamwork, diligence, and realizing the power of media to help connect people and advocate for change.
- Having an awesome time helping shoot “Greatest Scene Ever” once a month in the Media Production Center studio with ATEC professors Greg Smith and Paul Oehlers.
- Getting a job at AU’s Discover the World of Communication program for high school students brought her experience as a SOC student to a full circle- when she participated in the program as a junior in high school she discovered not only the kind of work she wanted to pursue, but also her undying love for AU.