Class of 2014
Major: Public Communication
Minor: Marketing and Psychology
Hometown: Dayton, MD
Favorite SOC Courses:
- COMM-301: Public Relations
- COMM-346: Public Relations Case Studies
- Marketing intern at SalesVote (now Relesh)
- Marketing and Communications intern at the National Children's Museum
- Public Relations intern at Spectrum Science Communications
- Public Relations Student Society of America Member and Fall 2012 Events Director
- Member of Phi Sigma Sigma
- Marketing and Communications Tutor for the Academic Support Center
Best Moments in SOC:
- My favorite SOC memory was definitely the “Bagels and Branding” event hosted by the SOC Ambassador Team for SOC Week 2012. The event featured SOC professor Scott Talan, who talked about how we as students can establish our personal brands online in an increasingly digital world.
I also love meeting my group of student mentees at the beginning of each academic year. There’s nothing better than getting to share in their excitement and help make their transition to American University and the School of Communication a little easier.