The Center for Environmental Filmmaking is pleased to announce the 2018 Eco-Comedy Video Competition!
The competition will begin in January and is co-sponsored by AU's Center for Environmental Filmmaking and The Nature Conservancy. The contest, now in its 8th year, is open to anyone who has a flair for producing videos. Filmmakers are asked to produce a short, humorous video relating to conservation and environmental protection and aimed for a broad audience. The winning video should communicate a clear message that relates to this year's theme, which will be revealed at the start of the competition in January. Be sure to return to this web page for more details!
A panel of five judges representing The Nature Conservancy and the Center for Environmental Filmmaking will determine the finalists and the grand prize winner. The winning entry will win $2,000 award from the Center for Environmental Filmmaking. The finalists will also be entered into a Viewer's Choice competition voted on by the general public.
- Grand Prize, 2017
- Planet B by Ashley Holmes
- Grand Prize, 2016
- A Watershed Love Story by Julia Schaefer-Gomez
- Grand Prize, 2015
- DUDE! Or the Blissful Ignorance of Progress by Patrick Webster
- Grand Prize, 2014
- Be a Better Roommate by Patrick Gilmore
- Grand Prize, 2013
- A Brief History of the 5-cent Bag Tax by Craig Schattner
- Grand Prize, 2012
- Clean Coal by the Bituminous Marketing Agency by Alexander Lucas