The goal of this program is to prepare individuals for careers as producers and production managers of a wide variety of film and video programs, including independent feature films, documentary films or videos, educational videos and special interest videos. The producer is the leader of any film or video project from the initial concept for a story to the “best picture” award.
The courses in the program are primarily focused on the business side of the film and video industry including financing, distribution, marketing, management and entrepreneurship. There is also a scriptwriting course and two elective courses in production. The program is appropriate for people who have already begun their careers in the film or video industry. It is also very appropriate for those who are coming from any other professional fields.
The award-winning faculty who teach in the program are available for advising and mentoring. All students are encouraged to participate in the courses, seminars, and screenings provided by our Center for Social Media and Center for Environmental Filmmaking.
Who should apply? • Working professionals who want to pursue a career in producing or media management.
• Entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in media production.
• Media producers who want to expand their media-related business skills.
What are the benefits of the weekend program?
• Earn your master's degree in 20 months without interrupting your career.
• Stay with the same group of students (cohort), enhance your skills and develop your network.
• No GRE required, and a streamlined application process.