- Offered in collaboration with Columbia College Chicago
- Open to undergraduates and graduates
- Provides an emphasis on producing and navigating the industry
- Taught by Columbia faculty
- Housed on Raleigh Studios Lot
- Includes five weeks of coursework (June 30th-August 1st) followed by a field experience
- Kick-off reception for students and AU alumni in LA
- Starting in 2015 program will be open to current students and AU alumni
Why Columbia College?
- Columbia College has one of the longest-running, most successful LA film programs.
- The program has been in place for 14 years.
- They have an average job placement rate of 75 percent for program graduates (one of the highest among other LA film programs)
This 5-week immersion program is comprised of the following teaching modules:
- “Concept, Pitch, Sales”
- “Studio Producing”
- “Research and Analysis of the Film & TV Industries”
- “Line Producing”
- Unit on navigating the job process.
- This is typically a 3-week professional experience.
- For graduating students, it can extend beyond three weeks and up to several months.
- For many students, the skills learned in the program can lead directly to a professional experience.
- Students are encouraged to seek internships through our AU alumni in LA.
- Throughout the program students are provided with networking opportunities, resources, and guidance but are NOT provided a professional opportunity directly. It is the student's responsibility to secure their own internship or field experience
The LA Experience does not provide housing or
transportation. While the LAE coordinator can provide resources and
guidance, this is the student’s responsibility. It is also a cost that
must be factored in above the cost of tuition.
The LA Experience counts as a 6-credit course for AU students.
Acceptance into the LA Experience is by application only.
The program is open to undergraduates, graduates and recent graduates of SOC's Film & Media Arts program.
For more information, contact LA Experience Coordinator Claudia Myers at email@example.com.