- Offered in collaboration with Columbia College Chicago
- Open to undergraduates and graduates
- Provides an emphasis on producing and navigating the industry
- Taught by Columbia faculty
- Housed on Raleigh Studios Lot
- Includes five weeks of coursework (June 30th-August 1st) followed by a field experience
- Kick-off reception for students and AU alumni in LA
- Starting in 2015 program will be open to current students and AU alumni
Why Columbia College?
- Columbia College has one of the longest-running, most successful LA film programs.
- The program has been in place for 13 years.
- They have an average job placement rate of 75 percent for program graduates (one of the highest among other LA film programs)
This 5-week immersion program is comprised of the following teaching modules:
- “Concept, Pitch, Sales”
- “Studio Producing”
- “Research and Analysis of the Film & TV Industries”
- “Line Producing”
- Unit on navigating the job process.
- This is typically a 3-week professional experience.
- For graduating students, it can extend beyond three weeks and up to several months.
- Students are encouraged to seek internships through our AU alumni in LA.
- Students are provided with resources and guidance to secure this experience but are not provided a professional opportunity directly. It is the student’s responsibility to secure their own internship.
The LA Experience does not provide housing or transportation. While the LAE coordinator can provide resources and guidance, this is the student’s responsibility. It is also a cost that must be factored in above the cost of tuition.
Columbia’s producing program is considered 12 credits. Please note that because of academic regulations limiting the transfer of outside credits, AU can only accept 6 of those 12 credits.