It is not possible to schedule same day appointments; an appointment can be scheduled up until midnight the day before the appointment. Examples of topics that could be covered in a 20 minute appointment include:
- Declaring an SOC major and other major/minor related paperwork or concerns
- Registration clearance and class schedules for upcoming semesters
- Long-range academic planning
- Study Abroad planning
- Major/minor/career exploration
- Other topics that you want to discuss in detail and would like a designated time to do so
Click here to schedule an advising appointment
Walk-in advising is reserved for brief concerns that will take no longer than 10 minutes. Example of topics that could be discussed during walk-in advising include:
- Questions about how/where a COMM class fits within degree requirements
- "What if I drop _____ from my schedule?"
- "What if I add _____ to my schedule?"
- "Where can I find the Academic Calendar?" (hint: the Office of the Registrar's Web site)
- Information about registration for the Senior Professional Internship
- Other topics that require brief answers and/or discussion - a signature on a form, an inquiry about your degree audit report (DARS), etc.