- Research double majors and minor at AU!
- Pursue getting to know faculty in a major that interests you. They can discuss career options and provide a letter of reference when you apply for a job or to graduate school
- Apply to be an SOC Student Ambassador. Contact Jill Heitzmann
- for more information
- Research AU Abroad programs
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss your goals and degree plan
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to declare your major
- Meet with a Career Advisor if you’re still searching different career paths
- Talk to professionals and/or Professors in the career fields you are considering
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory (STRONG), Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), or the Self Directed Search (SDS) through the Career Center
- Take the Career Values Test online for Free. Start Now.
- Start identifying part-time and summer employment, study abroad programs, volunteer work, alternative break or internships
- Check out where your classmates are interning this year
- Attend the Student Activities Involvement Fair
- Research student activities on campus
- Scout out the organizations you want to join and the leadership positions that would be a good fit for you
- Find a volunteer opportunity!
- Apply for officer positions within student organizations
- Apply to be an Orientation Leader