Awards ceremony will be held on Friday, May 3 at Katzen's Abramson Family Recital Hall.
Outstanding undergraduate and outstanding graduate work is eligible for many awards, including historically:
- John Bowden Jr. Scholarship for Excellence in Photography
The John R Bowden Scholarship Award in Photography was given in memory of a Washington Star photojournalist who died young. He started up his commercial photo business once the Star folded. He had a studio on Capitol Hill and was very open about helping out young photographers starting out.
- The Penn Camera Award for Outstanding Photography Student
- Outstanding Environmental Production sponsored by the Center for Environmental Filmmaking
Students should consider the following guidelines when submitting for Outstanding Environmental Production:
1. The purpose of the film is clear and focused.
2. The film has an exciting hook.
3. The film has a powerful story that keeps the viewer glued.
4. The scenes have visceral impact.
5. The characters are compelling.
6. The audience feels involved and impelled to care.
7. The controversies are sharply focused and dramatic.
8. The entertainment value is striking.
9. The proposed film feels fresh, innovative and new, and deals with important environmental or wildlife issues.
10. The reporting is fair, balanced, truthful and accurate.
11. Entries must be submitted to Sony's new Video Channel website, VideON.
- WILL Interactive Short Screenplay Award: $500
This award focuses on dramatic short scripts between 5 and 20 pages. Documentary scripts are not eligible. The stories should feature characters making a personal change for the better, through healthier or wiser personal choices. There are a lot of coming of age or redemption themes to explore and the possibility for characters and situations are infinite. We have an open mind, but the script must have a stated purpose and attempt to use the dramatic medium to challenge people's perceptions, attitudes, and/or behaviors.
- WILL Interactive Dramatic Short Award
- New Media Best in Show sponsored by Interface Media Group
- ASMP DC Prize
- Ron Sutton Award for Visual Literacy
- Awards will also be presented in the Craft categories of Editing, cinematography and sound recording or design