VISIONS 2014 Guidelines for All Media
Awards Ceremony to be held on Wednesday, May 7, at 8:00 pm following the 2014 Graduate Reception at 7:00 pm and the General Reception at 7:30 pm.
We are seeking the best work in documentary, fiction, digital/new media production, screenwriting and photography and that recognition will be provided for work at the beginning, intermediate and advanced level.
- Step 1: Upload media to: http://www.vimeo.com. See the Deliverables section for further specifications.
- Step 2: Use Adobe Acrobat or Reader to fill out the application. Download Adobe Reader at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Step 3: Save completed application forms as .pdf files (File > Save As). Name the document with the following information: submissioncategory_ lastname_ projecttitle
- Step 4: Email the completed application to: email@example.com. Include the Vimeo link and password (if applicable) in the email body. Include the following information in the subject heading: submission category_last name_project title
- Incomplete applications or materials will not be considered for judging.
- Students must list all applicable information as well as any and all collaborators as requested on the application.
- Music and other copyrighted material, for which you are not claiming fair use, must be cleared for nonexclusive home video, educational, online, broadcast and theatrical distribution. Students submitting documentaries may use the “Documentary Filmmakers’ Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use” as a guide located at centerforsocialmedia.org.
- Students may submit more than one project to Visions, however each project can only be submitted to a single category.
For screenwriting applications:
Students must submit their full script and a one page pullout as PDFs. This is used for judging and exhibition of winning entries at the Visions Awards.
- Select a scene or moment that showcases the essence of your story for the pullout. Limit selections to one page.
- Upload all deliverables to dropbox.com. See https://www.dropbox.com/help for more information about Dropbox.
- Compress all deliverables into a .zip file. Share the file link with: firstname.lastname@example.org. Name the file with the following information: submission-category_last-name_project-title
- Include the application form in the .zip file and send an additional copy to: email@example.com
For photography applications:
- Upload all files and forms to: dropbox.com. See dropbox.com/help for more information about Dropbox. See the Deliverables section for further details on included files.
- Step 1: For each submission, compress all deliverables into a .zip folder. Mac: (ctrl click > compress), Windows: (right click > sendto > compressed (zipped) folder. Rename .zip to: submissioncategory_ lastname_ projecttitle. zip
- Step 2: For each .zip folder, create a shared folder. Name the folder: submissioncategory_ lastname_ projecttitle
- Step 3: In the “Invite Collaborators” dialogue box type: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the “Send Personal Message” dialogue box, include your project’s name, your full name, the award category, and any other relevant information.
Film and Video | Broadcast | Photography | New Media
Compression Tutorials and Guide