Alumni Career Network
The Alumni Career Network’s mission is to provide SPA students with career advice, networking opportunities, and skill-specific/sector-specific programming. In addition to developing and participating in programming for students, the Alumni Career Network (ACN) provides opportunities for alumni to develop professional relationships and connections with their alumni colleagues.
In partnership with the AU Career Center and SPA staff, the Alumni Career Network will:
- Provide input to Career Center staff regarding hiring needs and trends in various employment sectors
- Support the career development programming initiated by the AU Career Center by serving as panelists and speakers
- Help to plan and participate in career development programs initiated by a steering committee of ACN members
- Serve as a resources and role models to individual SPA students through one-on-one contact, online networking, and website profiles
Specific opportunities to participate in Alumni Career Network initiatives include: large scale networking events, small group speed networking, one-on-one informational interviews, formal mock interview and Q&A session, providing expertise and sector specific knowledge to the Career Center staff, job and internship opportunities, online networking, job fairs, and website profiles.
To implement these goals, the ACN relies on a steering committee that works with the AU Career Center and SPA staff to coordinate activities for a large network of alumni volunteers. Members of the ACN participate in programming planned by the steering committee and AU Career Center.
The individuals in the Alumni Career Network will be selected to serve the following roles:
- When possible, participate in programming developed by the steering committee and Career Center
- Provide advice to the Career Center and students on an as needed-basis.
- Attend quarterly steering committee meetings
- Create a 150- 200 word online-profile
- Participate in sector-specific sub-committees to assist in developing programming geared to specific sectors