- American University, School of International Service
- George Mason University, Department of Public & International Affairs
- Indiana University, School of Public & Environmental Affairs
- Kyung Hee University, School of Pan-Pacific International Studies
- San Diego State University, School of Public Affairs
- The Ohio State University, John Glenn School of Public Affairs
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine
- Universidad de los Andes, Alberto Lleras Camargo School of Government
- University of North Carolina-Charlotte, Department of Political Science & Public Administration
- University of Southern California, Sol Price School of Public Policy
- The Urban Institute
Honors & Awards
Michael Hayes received one of three 2013 Staats Emerging Scholar awards from the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, & Administration.
Michael Hayes received the runner-up award for Best Poster Presentation at the 2013 Association for Budgeting & Financial Management conference.
Javier Bronfman was selected to participate in the 2013 Building Future Faculty program, a workshop sponsored by North Carolina State University for promising doctoral students who are interested in academic careers and committed to promoting diversity in higher education.
The Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations & Voluntary Action honored Jaclyn Schede Piatak as a 2012 Doctoral Fellow and Mandi Janis as a 2012 Emerging Scholar.
John Marvel was chosen by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs & Administration to receive a 2012 Emerging Scholar Award.
William Resh received the 2012 award for Best Dissertation in Public and Nonprofit Management from the Academy of Management, as well as the 2012 George Edwards Dissertation Award, given annually by the American Political Science Association for the best dissertation on the presidency.
Javier Bronfman was awarded a fellowship for the 2012 Ronald Coase Institute, an annual workshop for promising early-career scholars in institutional analysis.
Jiaqi Liang was selected by the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) to receive the 2012 scholarship for graduate students in public administration and policy.
Jaclyn Schede Piatak, Occupational Labor Shortages: Concepts, Causes, Consequences, and Cures, Kalamazoo, MI: Upjohn Press (with Burt Barnow and John Trutko).
Susannah Bruns Ali, Repositioning American Public Administration? Citizen Estrangement, Administrative Reform, and the Disarticulated State, Public Administration Review (with Robert Durant).
Kathryn Quissell, Family Planning: A Political Issue, The Lancet (with Jeremy Shiffman).
Jiaqi Liang, The Implications of Policy Stability for Renewable Energy Innovation in the United States, Policy Studies Journal (with Daniel Fiorino).
Michael Hayes, The Impact of Local School Property Tax Reductions on City and County Revenue Decisions: A Natural Experiment in Kansas, Public Finance & Management (with Jocelyn Johnston, Justin Marlowe, & David Matkin).
Susannah Bruns Ali, The Paradox of Administrative Reform: American Progressivism, Corporate Capitalism, and the 'Compensatory State', Public Organization Review (with Robert Durant).
Sarah Pettijohn, Community Services Block Grant Administrative Expenses, Washington, DC: The Urban Institute (with Erwin deLeon & Carol De Vita).
Sarah Pettijohn, Understanding Trends in Poverty in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area, Washington, DC: The Urban Institute (with Carol De Vita & Katie Roeger).
Recent & Upcoming Conference Presentations
National Tax Association (Tampa)
Association for Budgeting & Financial Management (Washington)
- Michael Hayes, Rebecca Yurman
Association for Public Policy Analysis & Management (Washington)
- Elizabeth Crowe, Jiaqi Liang, Sarah Pettijohn, Yusra Shawar, Sarah Towne, Katie Vinopal, Matthew Vanderschuere, Marvin Ward, Rebecca Yurman
American Political Science Association (Chicago)
- Chris Birdsall, Ned Malone, Sarah Towne
Public Management Research Conference (Madison)
- Susannah Bruns Ali, Chris Birdsall, Chase Bricker, Michael Hayes, Ned Malone, Jiaqi Liang, Sarah Pettijohn, Jaclyn Schede Piatak, Rebecca Yurman
Midwest Political Science Association (Chicago)
- Chase Bricker, Jiaqi Liang, Jaclyn Schede Piatak
American Society for Public Administration (New Orleans)
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations & Voluntary Action (Indianapolis)
- Susannah Bruns Ali, Mandi Janis, Sarah Pettijohn, Jaclyn Schede Piatak