Key Senior Program Manager Certificate
The Key Senior Program Manager Certificate prepares federal executives to lead complex acquisition programs. The six-course program helps students move from a project and functional staff role to a leadership position within the federal acquisition structure by increasing their substantive knowledge, confidence, and ability to lead.
The Key Senior Program Manager Certificate program addresses all of the Federal Acquisition Institute’s senior program management Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) competencies and aligned skills.
American University and MCR, LLC, have partnered to develop the Key Senior Program Manager Certificate, the most integrated learning program available in acquisition management.
The Key Senior Program Manager Certificate Program:
- Focuses on the student. Program managers, especially at the senior level, need leadership skills to deliver more effective and efficient acquisition programs and services to the public.
- Meets real standards. Successful completion of the six, four-day courses meets FAI’s FAC P/PM senior level requirements.
- Offers leading faculty. Faculty have been selected for their prominent reputations in public administration, executive education and adult learning and for their P/PM subject matter expertise and extensive leadership experience.
- Is based on the cohort approach to learning. Classes are taken as a cohort, an integrated community of learners who take courses together in a supportive environment.
- Offers a coaching option. In addition to the six-course program, students may select the option of a two “360-degree evaluations” contributed to by colleagues, supervisors, and customers at the beginning and end of the program to measure progress in the Emotional Intelligence competencies of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. This instrument is the only assessment tool that has been validated for measuring EI in federal managers.
- Is based on the Key philosophy. In order to develop the skills necessary to succeed in the rapidly changing acquisition environment, the Key program is conducted in a safe and respectful environment where students practice leadership and acquisition management skills, increase leadership capacity through feedback, and learn about major acquisitions issues through real-life case scenarios.
Program Cost: Tuition is $9,000 which covers all six courses, including all course materials. For an additional $3,500, students may elect the Coaching Option, which includes six coaching sessions and two 360 degree assessments.