2015 Scheduled Speakers and Topics: Transform, Integrate, Motivate
The Key Executive Leadership Program is pleased to present the following speakers and topics for the 2015 Key Executive Leadership Speaker Series under the theme "Transform, Integrate, Motivate":
Thursday, March 19, 2015 from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Speaker: Ann Timmons
Topic: Presentation Skills
Title: Speaking with Powerful Clarity: Communicating Your Vision
Whether you are leading a group of hundreds, or meeting with your team of four, you need to communicate with laser-like focus. You need to cut through the static and be with your listeners. You need to discover and embrace your own authentic presence. This interactive two-hour session will show you how. My approach to speaker training is grounded in physical and vocal exercises of actor-training technique, so I offer unique insights for looking and sounding like a leader. And I will give practical tools you can incorporate into a daily routine, so that you can discover your strong, powerful presence and start using it immediately. It will be a very hands-on workshop, with lots of opportunities for people to get up, get moving, and make some noise.
Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Speaker: Dr. Susan Collins, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Topic: Social Awareness
Title: The Way You Make Meaning Matter: Learn How to Assess the Way You, Your Boss, and Your Subordinates Perceive the Complexity of Your Challenges to Reduce Frustration and Work Together Better
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Speaker: Dr. Reginald Wells, U.S. Social Security Administration
Topic: Succession Planning
Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Speaker: Dr. Donald Zauderer and Dr. Patrick Malone, American University
Title: High Integrity Political Astuteness: Employing Political Tactics for Personal and Organizational Success
Please continue to check back for updates.
Key Reasons to Attend
- Provides a stimulating environment for Key current students and alumni, which is conducive for continued intellectual and professional growth.
- Cultivates professional connections between current students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Supplements your Key experience with subject matter relevant to improved leadership in the public sector.
- Current students and alumni are eligible to receive a certificate of completion for attending at least six seminars within a two year period.
- Allows the Key Executive Leadership Program to reciprocate the support and serve the public good.