At American University, undergraduate academic advising is a collaborative and purposeful partnership between advisors, the AU community, and students. Approached from a holistic perspective, this process considers and respects students' diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities. Academic advisors facilitate the identification and achievement of the student's educational and professional goals.
Scheduling an Appointment
Appointments to meet with one of our professional Academic Counseling staff may be scheduled in any of the following ways:
- Click on the link below to access the on-line scheduling system (portal log-in required)
- Visit the front desk located in Ward 230 during normal business hours.
- Via phone: 202-885-6200
What should I do if I want/need to…?
- Learn how to read a degree audit (coming soon)
- Register for classes
- Know how the waitlist process works
- Receive credit for an internship
- Register for an independent study
- Study abroad
- Take a course at another US institution - Permit to Study (coming soon)
- Pre-Law Study