The English Language Program (ELP) at American University offers two options for non-native English speakers:
Evening Courses for Individuals
Evening courses are designed for students at the intermediate to advanced level of proficiency who wish to improve their English language skills for academic, professional, or social settings. Courses meet two evenings per week.
Each course costs $695. Courses run from January 27 through April 24, 2014.
Course Options and Schedule:
1. TOEFL Prep (Monday & Wednesday, 7:30-9:30pm)
2. Business Communication (Tuesday & Thursday, 7:30-9:30pm)
• Experienced instructors with at least a master’s degree or TESOL certification
• Highly interactive classes with a student-centered approach
• Specialized evaluations of your particular language needs
• 48 hours of class time over 12 weeks
• An opportunity to meet and network with students from all over the world who live in the DC area
• Classes are on the American University campus
• Students who successfully complete the class receive an American University certificate of completion
Customized, Short-Term Programs for Groups
We will design a customized curriculum to fit your group’s needs. The duration could be for just one week or longer depending on your English language goals. On-campus housing is an option for your group during the summer.
American University does not issue immigration documents for this program.