- Tuition (9-graduate credits)
- Required Student Fees
- U*Pass Transportation Program 1
- Student Health Insurance Fee (optional)
- $780.00 (fall)
- $1,035.00 (spring and summer)
1University Pass. Unlimited Metrorail & Metrobus transportation.
2Students may waive the Student Health Insurance if they are covered through a different plan.
American University does not offer on-campus housing for graduate students. GPS students have the option of finding their own housing in DC or staying in university-sponsored housing at the Berkshire Apartments, down the street from AU's campus. All Berkshire apartments are double occupancy and
floor plans are available online.
- Studio Apartment
- $5,842 per student/semester
- Small One-Bedroom Apartment
- $6,489 per student/semester
- Medium/Large One-Bedroom Apartment
- $7,464 per student/semester
For students who choose to find their own housing in DC, AU has an Off-Campus Housing Website set up with housing options, a message board to help you find roommates, and other resources.