"Not only do I feel as if I have a greater awareness of opportunities available to me and to Native students, but I feel better prepared to take advantage of those opportunities, which is just as important, if not more."
Bobby Joe Smith III
Application materials include:
- A completed WINS application form
- An essay (minimum 500 words) on why the applicant would like to participate in the WINS program (also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A resume detailing the applicant's work experience (also email it to email@example.com)
- A nomination letter from a member of the applicant's nation or tribal council or tribal education department
- Recommendation letter from a faculty member at the applicant's college or university
- Tribal Enrollment Card or parents' Card (if applicable)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended with a minimum 2.5 GPA (students are required to show full-time enrollment and/or graduation within the last 6 months)
Click here to go to the WINS Web-based application
You may call the WINS program directly at 202-895-4879 to request that an application be mailed to you or you may submit your request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.